NewsCould Cenk Tosun follow the Nikica Jelavic path into Evertonian affections?

Homepage News
Flag: Cambodia

Could Cenk Tosun follow the Nikica Jelavic path into Evertonian affections?

Ungelesener Beitragvon Piseth2981 » Di Mär 13, 2018 8:37 am

When talking agent sbobet about Cenk Tosun it is worth remembering what Ronald Koeman said about replacing Romelu Lukaku.

According to Everton's old manager, it was “close to impossible”.

Six months after Lukaku left for Manchester United, the Blues finally signed a striker - but Tosun has only filled part of the void that was left.

To be exact, he's filled £27m of a £75m void.

So which parts of Lukaku's game did Everton acquire when they negotiated long and hard, and with some degree of uncertainty, with Besiktas in January?

It's early days, Tosun has played only six times, but he doesn't look like he'll pick up the running slack.

Tosun won't stretch defences with bursts down the channels or take defenders on in a foot race.

He doesn't look as though he can man-handle defenders, hold them off and frighten them as Lukaku could.

“We had a winter break. Before that I was not perfect in my physique,” he conceded.

“But I kept working and now I feel better – physically better and sharper.

“And I will keep working. I work after training as well and that is why I am feeling better now. I enjoy agent sbobet playing for Everton and for this manager."

Testament to his improving fitness, Tosun covered over 10km against Brighton but he isn't blessed with pace and does not cut the figure of a natural athlete.

Time will tell, but Lukaku was also an under-rated creator of chances and Tosun has yet to show he has the same ability to provide.

But where Tosun and Sam Allardyce, who has plenty invested in him, will believe he can prove himself Lukaku's successor is in the box.

Tosun is a finisher by trade and his two goals in as many weeks have worn all the hallmarks of a marksman.

Koeman also said that he was unable to improve Lukaku's finishing and the early evidence, and word from inside training, is that Tosun has had little trouble in finding the back of the net.

Allardyce's job may well be making him better in other areas.

There are undeniable shades of Nikica Jelavic in Tosun's game and the box was where the Croatian made his name at Goodison.

Tosun could do worse agent sbobet than to aim to follow a similar path.

Zurück zu „News“